Melbourne, is a beautiful city found in Brevard County, Florida. The city became larger in 1969 after merging with nearby Eau Gallie. Melbourne is the second largest municipality in the United States of America. Mainly famous for its outstanding beach, Melbourne has other prominent and spectacular sites that are worth visiting. Moreover, when it comes to tourism it definitely ranks high among cities frequently visited by foreigners due to its museums, historical sites and Legacy in sports.
Melbourne Florida Points Of Attraction
· The Melbourne Area Pilots Association hosts a General Day at Melbourne International Airport in September. It is a grand occasion and draws close to a 10,000 visitors.
· The Indians also have a special Annual Indian day in August which allows Indians from all over the world to come and celebrate together.
· Another special occasion which attracts tourist is the Melbourne Arts Festival held in April. This festival draws from 50,000 to 60,000 visitors. It is a big day for every habitant of Melbourne.
· Indians also have an annual Indian Fest which is held in April every year. Not only Indians attend this festivity. All cultures come and gather to celebrate together. However, majority of them are Indians.
· Lastly, the two golf courses also draw in a large number of tourists. As we all know, golf is an international sport which requires a large area in order to be played effectively. Melbourne happens to have two of the largest golf courses.
Conclusively, Melbourne was an official host city for the 1996 Olympic Torch Relay. This does stand till date as a memorable and historical day.